Many friends asked for this recipe and sorry for the delay. Enjoy!!
Ingredient for 9 inches round cake:
Mascarpone Cheese 500g
Caster Sugar 100g
Freshly squeezed Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
Rum or Brandy 3 tablespoons
Whipping cream 260ml
Caster sugar 40g
Hot water 80ml
Instant Coffee 3 tablespoon
Kahlua Coffee liqueur 4 teaspoon
2 pieces of 8 inches cocoa sponge cake
Some cocoa powder
- Beat the mascarpone cheese with sugar then add in the lemon juice follow by the rum or brandy.
- In another bowl, whip up the whipping cream until about the same consistency as the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Be aware not to over work with the mixture as they might split and the mixture will become rough.
- In another small bowl, mix the hot water with the instant coffee and sugar until dissolved. Then, add in the kahlua Liqueur.
- Using a springform pan or cake ring, place a piece of cocoa sponge cake then brush some coffee syrup all over the cake.
- Pour half of the mascarpone cream on the brushed liquer cake then place another piece of cake on top. Brush the remaining coffee syrup on the cake then fill in the remaining mascarpone cream.
- Chill in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight before unmold the cake. Dust some cocoa powder on top and portion with a hot knife for every slice.
PS: Here is the recipe for the cocoa sponge cake