This is a beautiful fremch recipe of apple crumble cake that warm and melt your mouth with the fragrant of cinnamon.
For the slow cook apple:4 large apples or 8 small apples
Caster sugar 30g
Butter 20g (cut into small cube)
Ground cinnamon 2 teaspoon
For the Fragipane cream:
(i) Almond batter:
beaten eggs 20g / ground almond 25g / sugar powder 20g / butter 25g
egg yolk 1 / milk 70ml / flour 10g / vanilla extract 3 ml / caster sugar 20g
For the cake batter:
Caster sugar 150g
Whole egg 120g
Bread flour 40g
Plain flour 160g
For the cinnamon crumble:
Butter 100g (cut into small cubes)
sugar powder 60g
Ground almond 100g
pinch of salt
plain flour 100g
Ground cinnamon 3g
- Peeled and cored the apple. Cut each apples into 8 equal portions for big apples. Deep them into a shallow baking dish and coated with sugar then top with small cube butter. Place into a preheated oven at 180C bake for 1 hour. Set aside to cool down once the apples is cooked and soften and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Make the fragipane cream. Blend all the almond batter ingredients in a food processor until well blended. For the custard, warm the milk in a sauce pan with sugar until sugar dissolved. Mix egg yolk and flour together and gradually add in the warm milk. Pour the mixture back to the sauce pan and cook at low heat until the custard thicken. Set aside to cool then mix with vanilla extract and almond batter.
- For the cinnamon crumble topping, put all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse the mixture until everything come into a dough. Scrap through a sieve to produce even crumbs or through a potato masher. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the cake batter, beat the butter and gradually add in sugar until mixture turn pale and fluffy. Gradually add in the eggs and continue to beat until creamier consistency. With a spatula, mix in the bread flour and plain flour until well combine. Measure out 160g of fragipane cream then add into the batter and mix well.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inches round cake pan with parchment paper. Add half of the cake batter into the cake pan and layer evenly. Place half of the cooked apple then layer evenly with the remaining cake batter. Place the remaining cook apple on top of the cake batter and lastly layer evenly with cinnamon crumble.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 1 hour or until skewer insert come out clean. It is best serve warm with a dallop of ice cream or cream fraiche. The cake keep well in the freezer and can be reheated in an oven. The top of the cake should be crips and crunchy and soft in the cake.
Oh my god! I need a slice!ReplyDelete
Greetings from Italy!