Kitchen Corner

May 16, 2008

My Craving Stuffs

Those are the stuffs that always filled up in a container and stored in my kitchen cabinet for my craving teeth at anytime. There are Nutty Granola, a recipe from my idol chef Ellie Krieger, Italian Fruity Biscotti a recipe from so called “sweet baby James” James Martin from the UK, and Nutty French Balls from a Japanese recipe book translated by Taiwanese. My family like these stuffs as I do and I like to used it as a gift when I’m rushing to visit anyone else. I have introduced the Granola at my previous posting, and now I continue with the other two. First, I like to share the Nutty French Balls. I mixed 187g of sugar powder with 85g each for chopped walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts then divided it into two bowls of 13g and 6g for chocolate powder and instant coffee powder respectively. Warm the two bowls of mixture in a preheated oven at 100°C for about 5 minutes or until the mixtures become 40°C (this step for mixing up with eggs white much easier later on). Mix these warm mixtures with 40g and 45g egg whites for chocolate and coffee mixture respectively. The eggs white seems very little when mixing with the mixture but this measurement is just nice for the texture later on. The mixture would be too wet to roll up if the egg white is too much. I shaped each mixture into 13 balls each for both flavors and baked in a preheat oven at 130°C for about two hours. This Nutty French Balls are very crunchy and definitely could cure someone who is crazily craving like me and also good to serve with a cup of coffee or tea for my guests come in without prior notice (sometimes it happen).

3 comments:

Amy Goh said...

It Looks so Yummy! Great job!

Anonymous said...

just wondering, how much egg white do u add? could i have the recipe pls? thank you :) it looks yummy!! how long can they keep for?

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Anonymous,
Sorry for the typo on my recipe.
Mix the warm mixtures with 40g and 45g egg whites for chocolate and coffee mixture respectively. Happy Baking!