Kitchen Corner

December 29, 2008

Fruity Fruit Cake

Before the Christmas, I was requested by a friend to make a tray of fruit cake and wrap it as little small gifts. I really have no idea what fruit cake recipe to use as there are so many version of fruit cake recipe. Finally, I used a traditional fruit cake recipe from Nigella Lawson. I managed to buy some natural dried fruits from the market and I think natural sweet would be better than artificial sweetness. Furthermore, I reduced the sugar from the original recipe and the cake turn out just nice. The cake was really chewy with the natural sweetness and the cake crumbs wasn't too sweet and buttery. You could see from the picture the dried fruits are more than the cake crumbs which was the purpose of just to bring all the drieds fruits combine together. I baked a tray and finally I'd cut into even size of 49 pieces.

12 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Grace,
Even though I don't like Fruit Cakes, but yours look very nice. You are very detailed with all those wrappings. I like the box. Can I have one please? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace,
I love fruit cakes and yours looks delicious. Every time I baked or steamed one, when I cut it it's crumbly. Any idea what's wrong? BTW, did you chopped up the fruits?

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi delia,
Thanks for dropping at my blog. I didn't chop up the fruits. You might need a serrated knife to portion the fruit cake just like sawing the wood gently.

KC.Lee said...

Can I have the Fruit Cake recipes ?

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi KC.Lee,
Can you please give me your email address? I'll send the recipe to you.

KC.Lee said...

My email address : kek.cake@gmail.com

Baking Queen said...

Hi Grace

I can't view the picture in your blog for fruity fruit cake. Can send the pictures and recipe to my email address : bakingqueen168@gmail.com

Cindy said...

wow....the cake looks great...
may I have the recipe? :)

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Cindy,
Please give me your email address for the recipe ok. Cheers!

Cindy said...

cindy-hs@hotmail.com
thank you very much~~
Hav a nice day :D

CheezyHeart said...

Hi,
May i hv the fruit cake recipe too :)

Thks inadv here :)

khim

kogas5@yahoo.com

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi CheezyHeart,
Please refer to the following website for the recipe. Cheers!
http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/advent2002/recipes/ChristCake.htm