- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Gradually add in all the wet ingredients and mix it by a flat beater at low speed until everything just combine.
- Add butter continue to mix for 1 or 2 minutes. Change to a dough hook continue kneading for about 20 minutes at medium speed.
- Off the machine and clear the sticky dough at side of the bowl. Continue kneading for few seconds.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface until the dough smooth but not sticky then shape it into a smooth round dough, cover with cling film and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough and punch out the gas.
- Flatten a dough and roll out into a longish shape. Roll up the dough like a Swiss-roll.
- Flatten the rolled-up dough and roll out again into a long rectangular shape then roll up the dough tightly.
- Place the rolled dough in a greased bread tin.
- Spray water around the tin. Place it in the oven with door close, proof for 60 minutes without lid on.
- Proof until it rise over the top of tin then take out the tin from the oven and preheat the oven at 180'C.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown (used an aluminium foil to cover the top after 25 minutes to prevent burning at the top).
- Take out the bread to cool down before slicing into pieces. Store leftover bread in airtight container without slicing it into pieces to let it stay fresh for the next serving.
Char Siu Bao 叉烧包
4 hours ago