I've some leftover blueberries so I used to make a very simple cheesecake. I would normally bake cheesecake by using the water bath method, but after came across a recipe from a book which is bake right straight in the oven without water bath, I decided to give it a try.
There were some different between water bath method and bake straight in the oven. Water bath method normally gives a moisture and creamier texture whereas I found this bake straight in the oven is much firmer and dense. I still prefer those water bath bake cheesecake but this blueberry cheesecake quite refreshing.
Digestive biscuit crumbs 90g
Melted butter 40g
Cream cheese 300g
Sugar 50g (I used 30g)
Eggs 3 (lightly beaten)
Lemon juice 10ml
Corn flour 10g
- Mix the bread crumbs with melted butter and press it into a 9 inches cake tin evenly. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese with sugar until the sugar dissolve. Mix in the yogurt until everything combine and smooth.
- Slowly add in the beaten eggs then lemon juice.
- Mix in the cornflour until everything incorporate.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cake tin and topped with some blueberries. Bake in a 150'C preheated over for 25 minutes.
- Keep the cheesecake in the fridge once it completely cool down.