If you like cheese, you will like this.
Recipe for 17cm round chiffon
For the egg whites mixture:
110g egg whites
55g caster sugar
5g corn flour
For the egg yolks mixture:
40g egg yolks
36g vegetable oil or olive oil
50g plain flour
24g cheese powder
40g cheddar cheese
How I made it:
- Cut the cheddar cheese in 0.7cm cubes and leave aside.
- For the chiffon cake, mix all the egg yolks mixture except flour. When everything well combined then gradually add in sifted flour and cheese powder. (I used electric mixer, its came very handy for this process). Mix everything well combine and no lumps left. The mixture would be very thick and and smooth.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean large bowl until peak foam. Gradually add in sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Then finally add in corn flour. Make sure the corn flour mix well in the egg mixture. The egg whites mixture should be peak foam, smooth and shiny.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture. When everything well combine then gently fold in the 1/2 of the remaining egg whites mixture. Lastly, fold in the remaining egg whites mixture. (Note: This stage took some times and patient and practice. Make sure all the egg whites mixture well combine with the egg yolks mixture without breaking the egg whites. Little egg whites left will cause a big hole in the cake during baking. And, over mixing will cause it hardly rise during the baking.)
- Fold in the cheese cubes then pour the well mix mixture into a 17cm chiffon cake tin and bake at a 160'C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. After baked, let the baked cake turn upside down for cooling before unmold it. . Keep the cake in the fridge it could last for 4 - 5 days. Best serve in 3 days.
Note: Warm it in the oven before serve, it's taste delicious too!