I'd this recipe from some of the blogger and also from the book of 孟老师的100道面包. At first, it looks like a bit complicated but after a trial, I think I would do it again as it's not that complicated as I imagine and it taste really good! I think children definitely will like this bread as the cocoa flavour and chocolate chips really boost up my appetite in the morning.
The edges of the bread a bit chewy whereas the crumbs are supper soft. I toasted the last two slices on the 3rd day, that is another special texture which is incredibly crispy and cholatey.
Recipe: (A) 1 piece of cheddar cheese kraft 70g fresh milk 20g bread flour (B) 260g bread flour 40g sugar 1/4 tsp salt 4g yeast 130g water (C) 20g butter (D) 25g chocolate chips 2 tbsp cocoa powder 2 tbsp water
- Melt the cheese kraft with the milk in a pan at low heat. When the cheese completely melted, add in the flour and keep stirring until it become a dough. Let the dough cool down on a plate and cling wrap it then tuck it into the fridge for about one hour.
- Knead the ingredient (B) with the cheese mixture (1) until a smooth dough then add in the butter. Continue the kneading process till a smooth and elastic dough.
- Weigh 200g of out of the dough for the plain dough and the rest for cocoa dough.
- Mix the chocolate chips into the 200g plain dough and shape it into a smooth dough. For the cocoa dough, mix the cocoa powder the water until it foam a small cocoa dough. Knead the cocoa dough with the rest of the dough until the whole dough become chocolate dough. Shape it into a smooth dough. Let the doughs proof for 80 minutes.
- Roll out the cocoa dough into 20cm square in shape and 16cm for the plain dough. Place the plain dough on top of the cocoa dough. Roll it up and place it into the bread tin. Let it proof for about 60 minutes till the dough fill up to 90% of the bread tin.
- Lid on the bread tin and bake at the 190'C preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes.