One thing that I like this bread is, the dough has no yeasty flavor because the smell of the rye is quite strong although it only contains little amount of rye flour. Furthermore, it is easy to made. This bread is very tender and soft, I have to cut it very carefully so that the crumbs stay beautifully before serving on a plate. I like to spread with my homemade peanut butter and blackcurrant jam as I found the flavor is just so match.
Original recipe from an old book that my mum gave to me:
Bread flour 270g
Rye flour 30g
Salt 6g Egg 30g
Unsalted butter 15g
1. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter. Kneading until well combine and all the mixture come together.
2. Add butter continue kneading (I let the mixer knead for 30 minutes).
3. Bring the dough for proofing about 30 minutes (I proof it for 40 minutes).
4. Round the dough and cover with slightly wet towel and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Roll out into long shape then roll it up tighty as a swiss-roll style.
6. Place the dough in well greased bread tin and let the dough proof for the second time for about
30 minutes (I proof it for 45 minutes) cover with slightly damp towel.
7. Bake it in the preheated oven at 200'C for about 30 - 40 minutes.