Since my biscotti and cookies jar had emptied, I tried the wholewheat cookies recipe from HHB to refill some cookies to the jar. I don't have any pretty cookie cutter so I just cut them into square. It's quite a rustic but I love the country look. The texture is crispy and crunchy! Although the process was a bit troublesome but it's worthwhile! Thanks HHB for sharing a great recipe again!
Chilled Coffee Cheesecake Recipe for 8 inches baking tin or 8 of 5cm chef rings Bottom base: 90g digestive biscuits crumbs 30g oreo biscuits crumbs 75g butter (melted) Fillings: 250g cream cheese 60g sugar 12g instant coffee (dissolve with 1 tablesppon water) 2 teaspoon gelatin (dissolve with 1 tablespoon hot water) 170ml whipping cream 40g chocolate beads Toppings: 150g whipping cream 50g dark bitter chocolate 8 pieces of mocca beans (deco)
- Mix the crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumbs mixture onto bottom baking pan or little chef rings and keep in the fridge.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until soften, gradually beat in sugar until the sugar dissolve. Add in the coffee mixture until well blended.
- Whisk the whipping cream in another bowl until thicken.
- Mix the dissolved gelatin into the coffee mixture until well incorporated. Fold in the in the whipped cream until everything well combine.
- Pour into the baking pan or chef rings and chill in the fridge until it set.
- After the cheesecake has set. Melt the chocolate with the whipping cream. Pour a thin layer on top of the cheesecake. Let it set in the fridge.
- Run a sharp knife at the edge of the cake pan and unmold when everything has set. Decorate with a dollop of whipped cream and go with the mocca bean. Enjoy!