- Mix all the mixture (A) in a mixing bowl with a dough hook at low spead then medium speed until everything well combine and become a smooth dough.
- Add in unsalted butter continue kneading with a low spead until the butter mix with the dough then change to medium speed until it become a very smooth and elastic dough.
- Proof it in a large bowl cover with cling wrap for 50 minutes.
- Roll the dough out at 0.3 cm thick in rectangular shape. Brush egg whites on the roll out dough and sprinkle with sesame. Use the hand to gently press the sesame to stick at the dough.
- Using a roller cutter to cut longish shape at 1cm thick then twist it with your hand by holding each side of the end of the dough.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes at 150'C until it golden brown color.
October 9, 2008
I've got another craving food here, Grisini. It's also named as "breadsticks". Other than granola, biscotti, nutty french balls, I've got this adding into my craving container recently. It could be made by different kind of flavours such as nuts, cheese, seeds, chocolate etc. I used sesame and parmesan cheese for my first attempt on this grissini. The recipe extracted from "孟老师的100道面包". Mixture (A) Bread flour 150g Plain flour 50g Sugar 15g salt 1/2 teaspoon water 100g instant yeast 1/4 teaspoon (1g) Parmesan cheese powder 20g Mixture (B) Unsalted butter 15g Egg whites 20g White seasame 1 tablespoon Black sesame 1 tablespoon
Labels: Craving Corner