Kitchen Corner

January 22, 2009

Twisted Cheese Bread

As I was preparing to back home for Chinese New Year, there were still had some leftover cream cheese in the fridge that I should use it before it expired. So, I've chosen this bread recipe just to used-up the cream cheese.
Here is my first attempt on this cheese bread recipe which I really like to share it with you because it's beautifully baked and taste really good. When I cut out a portion from the bread, it gave me a "love" piece of bread. That I feel so lovely.
I know it's nothing related to CNY but you may try it when the "hurricane" is gone. Wish all of you have a blessed new year and all the best!
Recipe:
(A) 200g bread flour / 35g sugar / 1/4 tsp salt / 3g yeast / 125g water / 15g butter
(B) I50g cream cheese / 1/4 tsp lemon juice / 10g bread crumbs or biscuit crumbs
(C) 10g almond flakes
Method :
  1. Mix ingredients (A) except butter at low speed using a dough hook mixer, then turn to medium speed until it become a smooth dough.
  2. Add in the unsalted butter and knead with low speed until the butter combine with the dough. Turn to medium speed for the kneading process until it become a smooth and elastic dough.
  3. Place the dough into a clean bowl and cover with cling wrap to proof for 80 minutes.
  4. While waiting for the dough, mix the ingredients (B) until it become a smooth paste.
  5. Divide the dough into 2 portions and round them into small balls. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
  6. Flatten the dough to a round disc and spread the filling at the center. Roll the doughs into round shape and rest for 5 minutes.
  7. Use a rolling pin and gentle roll the dough out to a flat disc. Use a scissor to cut 2 inches at the edges for 12 petals. Twist in two petals face to face and you will get six pairs of petals. Let it proof for 30 minutes.
  8. Egg wash the doughs and sprinkle over the almond flakes on the center of the flower shape doughs. Bake at 190'C preheated oven for 22 minutes until golden brown.

17 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

i m drooling!this looks so so good! i like the hearth shaped slice :)

Small Small Baker said...

Hi Grace, I love all the breads that you have made! Very pretty! Wish you an Ox-picious New Year and enjoy the holidays! :)

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Snooky doodle,
Hi SSB,
Thanks for your lovely words! You guys always my baking fans.

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Grace,
I missed my BREADS!! I've been baking CNY cookies for this whole month, I have "neglected" my bread flour! Seeing your Twisted Cheese Bread makes me SALIVATE!! Aiyo...The next time we meet, please teach me how you make all those lovely breads, okie dokie? Happy Lunar New Year to you and your family!

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Jane,
I think I like to learn some CNY cookies from you when we meet next time :P
Enjoy your CNY and have a good one!

Happy Flour said...

Hi Kitchen Corner,

What a lovely Twisted Cheese Bread you had baked. I also missed the kneading and moulding of bread dough. I think I must baked some bread after New Year. All your bread really tempted me.

Happy Flour said...

Hi Kitchen Corner,

Gong Xi Fa Cai, Shi Shi Ru Yi. Best wishes to you and your family.
Happy baking.

Anonymous said...

This bread looks so delicious and beautiful! All your recipes are great! I copied the chocolate marble bread recipe! I can't resist!

Arlette said...

Hello

thank you very much for for sharing your wonderful baking goods with us... I am going to try this cheese twist, have seen some recipe for the same bread made with puff pastry, yours is similar to a brioche dough... I will let you know.

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Arlette,
Hope you'll like this recipe. Enjoy!

michelle said...

million thanks for this wonderful recipe! this is the best recipe i've tried n even after 2 days the bread is still soft n fluffy :)

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Michelle,
Glad that you like this recipe. Enjoy!

Quinn said...

Grace,
when are you supposed to ad the biscuits/bread crumbs?
thanks

Quinn said...

Oooppsieee!
Just realise breadcrumbs is part of Ingredient B.
Sorry and no worries.....

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Quinn,
That's ok! :)

Charmaine said...

Hi, came across your blog from Honey Bee Sweets. Love your bread recipes and pics looks so delicious.

Anonymous said...

hi grace ive been following your blog everyday... thanks for your recipes.. my mom really loves bread so i bake your recipes every week... by the way can you send me photos how to do these petals? my email is esmaluthottekat@sedgman.com

thank you so much...