I made three sets of hotdog bun for lunch and some English Chips.
I would like to introduce this baked chips which is a recipe from Jamie Oliver. If you've came across English chips before, you might know there are quite thick and fatty chips. This version is slightly different as it's baked in the oven rather than deep fry. So, if you are thinking to reduce the fat and calories, this might be suitable for you and it taste great!
Recipe for 5 hotdog bun or burger buns:
Bread flour 160g / plain flour 28g / Sugar 15g / Milk powder 8g / Salt 2.82g / Water 109g / Eggs 15g / Yeast 2.5g / Butter 15g
- Knead all the ingredients with a dough hook for 15 minutes. Proof for 90 minutes then portions it into five buns. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Then shape it into longish shape for hotdog bun or round shape for burger bun. Proof for another 60 minutes or double in bulk.
- Bake in a 180'C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Recipe for Jamie's Baked Chips:
- Put a large flat baking tray in the oven and turn the heat to 230'C. Cut the potatoes into chips about 1/2 inch thick. Parboil the chip for about 10 minutes in salted boiling water and drain in a colander.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, smash the garlic bulb up and chuck in the cloves, then add the chips. Toss in the oil and season with ground black pepper and salt.
- Trnasfer the contents of the pan to the preheated tray and cook for 20 t0 25 minutes until crisp and golden.