Kitchen Corner

October 2, 2008

Chocolate Marquise

This was one of the best selling product at Bake To Order no matter in what season. It's made by dark chocolate that would definately satisfy those chocoholics. The recipe extracted from BBC-Food website conducted by my idol chef, Lesley Waters. The texture is quite like mousse, soft yet rich cocoa flavour. You would rather let it melt slowly in your mouth for few minutes and swallow it slowly before you have the next spoon. The recipe is quite simple to make as it could be made in advance. Store it in the fridge then serve it right after a meal for the guests with no hastily. I used 70% dark chocolate and reduced 1/3 sugar from the original recipe. It's best serve with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.

7 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Grace,
Your Chocolate Marquise looked better than hers! Heehee... The strawberries are more cheerful! It contains uncook egg whites though. Not very suitable for children yah? Otherwise, looked quite good leh. :p

Kitchen Corner said...

Thanks Jane! I think the chocolate marquise is not suitable for children because it's quite heaty. I suggest adult drink more water after consuming this chocolate pot.

Passionate About Baking said...

Hey, but you made so many, is my share included? :p

Kitchen Corner said...

I'm staying in KL with my parent in law for a week. I've got to make more cups to serve them. I wish I could serve you a cup too! hehehehe...

martina said...

Wow!It's fantastic! A point for you... when I see something like this I save the recipe on my personal cookbook....so I've gone to the bbc site to take the recipe...and my pc show me that I've already seen this one, but I didn't decide to make it a keeper... your picture and your description have just done it. Congratulations!!! Martina

Kitchen Corner said...

Thanks Martina!

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Grace,
It's the thought that counts! ;)
Btw, you don't have to serve me, but I can definitely have one cup! :) I'm sure your parents will be elated with all your wonderful bakes!