I made this light, fluffy and moist chiffon cake couple of weeks ago and now only have some time to share. It's made by my homemade blueberry sauce and a simple touch up of fresh cream with digestive cookie crumbs. My guests love it very much and so do I. Hope you like it too! OK, I got to go now, very tired today. Cheers!
Recipe from 戚枫蛋糕秘方传授 20
inches cm chiffon pan
(Egg white mixture)
Egg whites 180g
Caster sugar 90g
Corn flour 10g
(Egg yolk mixture)
Egg yolk 70g
Vegetable oil 60g
Blueberry sauce 80g
Lemon juice 10g
plain flour 90g
Caster sugar 20g
Fresh Cream 300ml
Some digestive biscuits crumbs
Some fresh blueberries and mint leaves
- Blueberry sauce was made with 125g fresh blueberries, splash of water, half of lemon juice and a tablespoon of caster sugar. Cook all the ingredients in a medium low heat until it become a not too thick consistency. Cool and ready to use.
- Mix all the egg yolks mixture except flour. When everything well combined then add in sifted flour. Mix everything well combine and no lumps left. The mixture would be quite thick and smooth.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean large bowl until peak foam. Gradually add in sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Then finally add in corn flour. Make sure the corn flour mix well in the egg mixture. The egg whites mixture should be peak foam, smooth and shiny.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture. When everything well combine then gently fold in the 1/2 of the remaining egg whites mixture. Lastly, fold in the remaining egg whites mixture.
- Pour the well mix mixture into a 20cm chiffon cake tin and bake at a 160-170'C preheated oven for 40 - 50 minutes. After baked, let the baked cake turn upside down for cooling before unmold it.
- Unmold the cake and frost with whipped cream and coat the cookies crumb at the side.