- Fry the onion with some olive oil in a pan for few minutes until softened. When the onion completely cool down, mix it to the meat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. (if the mixture is too sticky, add a few more breadcrumbs). Shape the meat into the eight fat burgers and place on a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Sprinkle some bread crumbs on top of each burger and press down gently. Chilled in the fridge for 3 - 4 hours.
- Fry the burger in a little oil on medium high heat for few minutes, depending on the thickness of the burger you shape. (here is a little different from the book, I grill it at a preheated oven 190'C for 15 minutes)
Method for the buns:
- Knead all the ingredients with a dough hook for 15 minutes. Proof for 40 minutes then divide it into 10 portions.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes. Then shape it into little bun and proof for another40 minutes or double in bulk.
- Bake in a 190'C preheated oven for 15 minutes.