- Beat the butter with sugar until light and pale in color.
- Add in the egg then pinch of salt, beat until well combine.
- Add 1/2 of the milk and half of the flour (flour should be shifted with cocoa powder and baking powder before adding into the mixture). Using a hand whisk mix until well combine.
- Add in remaining milk and flour and mix well.
- Combine walnut with the mixture then fill the muffins cups and bake at 170'C preheated oven for 30 minutes.
September 1, 2008
I was rushing to make some refreshment for a cell group meeting few days ago and I think muffins would be a fast and easier refreshment to be ready in a short time. I don't have special ingredients with me so I used whatever ingredients left in my cupboard. Finally came out with two different type of muffins which are Banana Walnut Muffins and Chocolate Walnut Muffins. The texture moist but not wet, dry but not overcooked. I used the previous Banana walnut cake recipe for banana walnut muffins whereas the recipe of chocolate walnut muffin is stated below. Recipe for Chocolate Walnut Muffins: (Make 6 cups) Unsalted butter 50g Caster sugar 70g Egg 1 Plain flour 85g (top flour) Cocoa powder 15g Baking powder 1 tsp Pinch of salt Milk 60g Walnut 60g (toasted and chopped) Method: