Recipe for 17cm chiffon tin:
110g egg whites/55g caster sugar/5g corn flour
40g egg yolks/pandan juice50g(sqeeze from the coconut juice with pandan)/vegetable oil 36g/55g plain flour/10g caster sugar/24g shredded coconut
- Whip egg whites until peak form then slowly add in caster sugar continue whipping until a shiny and smooth consistency.
- Add in the cornflour and whip until just combine.
- Mix egg yolks, oil, pandan juice, flour and caster sugar in another mixing bowl until everything combine.
- Add in 1/3 of the egg white mixture into (2) until combine. Then add half of the left over egg whites mixture continue mixing. Then mix in the remaining egg whites until well combine.
- Add shredded coconut and mix until just combined. Pour into the baking tin and bake 40 minutes at 160'C.
- Turn the cake upside down for cooling before unmold it.
- Chill in a fridge for better refreshing texture.