Kitchen Corner

September 13, 2011

Baileys Cheesecake

Oh no! This is not what I want to share about because it is not that yummy although still edible. For those who likes light and soft cheesecake, this would be great but not for me as I feel that baileys cheesecake should be in rich texture. So, I won't be sharing the recipe since it's not that nice.
I'm looking for something richer, creamier, smoother and melt in the mouth texture, so I make another experiment which is this one (shown below)!! 


You don't want to have a big piece of this as it's truly rich. Serve it with a cup of tea, it's heaven! Here is something you can eat very slowly, with a small dessert fork would be great especially sitting with someone for a long chit chat.
Ingredients for 7 inches square pan:
For the crust:
150g digestive biscuits
70g unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
100g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
 
2 large eggs, at room temperature
200ml sour cream
75ml baileys 
Method:
To make the crust:
  1. Lined the springform pan with baking paper and wrap the bottom of the pan in a double layer of aluminum foil.
  2. Mix the digestive biscuits crumbs with the melted butter together in a bowl. Layer the crumbs into the springform pan evenly. Place it into the fridge while you preparing the cheesecake batter.
  3. Lowest a rack in the oven, preheat the oven to 160°C and put a kettle of water on to boil.
To make the cheesecake:
  1. Beat the cream cheese with sugar, vanilla and salt until creamier and sugar dissolve. 
  2. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until just combine.
  3. Mix in the sour cream and baileys. Give the batter a few stirs with a rubber spatula, just to make sure that nothing has been left unmixed at the bottom of the bowl, and scrape the batter into pan that lined with the digestive biscuits.  
  4. Put a roasting pan in the oven and pour enough boiling water into the roaster to come halfway up the sides of the pan.
  5. Steam bake the cheesecake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Turn off the oven's heat leave the cheesecake in the oven for an hour.
  6. Then, let the cheesecake come to room temperature on a cooling rack. When the cake is cool, cover the top lightly and chill the cake for overnight
  7. At serving time, use a hot knife to potions the cakes. Enjoy!

26 comments:

Yummy Bakes said...

Love the smooth texture of this cake.

Tracy Low said...

i like this cheese cake !thx

Alice said...

wow! this really makes me drooling! yummy...
i also like rich creamy cheesecake - mixing with baileys is a brilliant idea!
thks for sharing :)

Malaysian Delicacies said...

smooth and mouth watering cheese cake

Happy Flour said...

Oh! I loved the richness of cheese in this, look yummy...drooling already lah. ;p

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Grace, I think this cheesecake taste fabulous! I even shared it with my little one despite of the Bailey, heehee! The Bailey is mildly present so not overpowering, so even kids love it! Thanks for sharing another great recipe my friend. :)

The Experimental Cook said...

I love bailey's cream so this cheese cake is a must-do. The hot knife is a wonderful tip.

Kitchen Corner said...

Thanks for leaving all the lovely comments! I hope you will like this recipe, it's very yummy indeed! Cheers :)

ReeseKitchen said...

I've wanted to make a cheesecake with bailey for so long but never...;p Yours looks so nice and I wish to have a bite...^^ Will try out your recipe someday, thanks for sharing!

Joceline said...

Thanks for sharing. Really nice cake. Well done.

Joceline said...

Thanks for sharing. Really nice cake. Well done.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

look perfect!

Shaheen said...

I really like Baileys, so this cheesecake and the icecream recipes have both been bookmarked. I hope when I make them to look as pretty as yours.

Xinmei @ Pudding Pie Lane said...

Haha, I guess this cheesecake would feel good to anyone on a diet? :)

I love Bailey's and it still looks yummy! Great recipe :)

Edith said...

KC, I am glad you shared coz I love light feel cheesecake.

Passionate About Baking said...

Both looks good to me! As long as it's cheesecake, it can't be any worse! I prefer the 2nd one with the biscuit base though. Looks really RICH!! Yummy!

Quay Po Cooks said...

I am a BIG fan of any cheese cake. This one is breath taking!

Janine said...

wow I'm glad i stumbled across your blog because the cheesecake really looks very very good!

shaz said...

Looks awesome and I'm sure it tastes awesome too!

daphne said...

it looks perfect! My cheeecakes are usually uneven or ugly! so I'm envious- more to practise perhaps!

Blessed Homemaker said...

Good to see you back! I've been MIA in my blog too :P

Miss your postings esp on ice creams!

KB and Whitesnake said...

Although I am not a desert person me thinks KB would love this.
Please feel free link your favourite recipes with us every Saturday when we do Simply Delish

Have a Great day

WendyinKK said...

Love the chocolate deco, really jazzes up the cheesecake.
I can imagine the richness of the cheesecake with Baileys.. perfect!

natasya said...

Baked this cake 2 days ago for a colleague's farewell morning tea. It was awesome. I followed your recommended amount of Baileys. If we didn't have to get back to work after the tea party, I would have up it a little more. LOL! Thanks.

Spike said...

I am first time on your blog and I have to tell you that I love it. The recipes are fantastic and the photos you take are amazing. I added your blog to my favorites and I will come back to see more recipes. This cake is divine. I would like to eat a big slice right now. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

schnell abnehmen said...

very good aic