As I was preparing to back home for Chinese New Year, there were still had some leftover cream cheese in the fridge that I should use it before it expired. So, I've chosen this bread recipe just to used-up the cream cheese.
Here is my first attempt on this cheese bread recipe which I really like to share it with you because it's beautifully baked and taste really good. When I cut out a portion from the bread, it gave me a "love" piece of bread. That I feel so lovely.
I know it's nothing related to CNY but you may try it when the "hurricane" is gone. Wish all of you have a blessed new year and all the best!
(A) 200g bread flour / 35g sugar / 1/4 tsp salt / 3g yeast / 125g water / 15g butter
(B) I50g cream cheese / 1/4 tsp lemon juice / 10g bread crumbs or biscuit crumbs
(C) 10g almond flakes
- Mix ingredients (A) except butter at low speed using a dough hook mixer, then turn to medium speed until it become a smooth dough.
- Add in the unsalted butter and knead with low speed until the butter combine with the dough. Turn to medium speed for the kneading process until it become a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place the dough into a clean bowl and cover with cling wrap to proof for 80 minutes.
- While waiting for the dough, mix the ingredients (B) until it become a smooth paste.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions and round them into small balls. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Flatten the dough to a round disc and spread the filling at the center. Roll the doughs into round shape and rest for 5 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin and gentle roll the dough out to a flat disc. Use a scissor to cut 2 inches at the edges for 12 petals. Twist in two petals face to face and you will get six pairs of petals. Let it proof for 30 minutes.
- Egg wash the doughs and sprinkle over the almond flakes on the center of the flower shape doughs. Bake at 190'C preheated oven for 22 minutes until golden brown.