Recipe for the cake 孟老师的美味蛋糕卷
Plain sponge (size 36cm x 26cm):
Unsalted butter 40g
Egg yolk 100g
Caster sugar 20g
Egg white 160g
Caster Sugar 75g
Plain flour 55g
- Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper. Melt the butter than set a side to cool.
- Whisk the egg yolks with sugar in a double boiler until thicken and pale in color. In another bowl whisk the egg whites with caster sugar until peak foam.
- Fold the egg yolks into the egg whites then gently fold in the shifted flour.
- Pour some egg mixture into a clean bowl then mix in the melted butter until well combine. Pour back into the egg mixture and mix gently until everything well combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking tray and spread evenly. Bake at 190C for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the baking tray immediate when it out from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Tear out the side of the baking paper and let it completely cool down and ready to use.
For the durian cream:
200g durian flesh (pureed)
200ml whipping cream (whipped)
200g custard (refer durian cake recipe)
Mix the custard with durian puree then fold in the whipped cream
Spread on the cake and roll it up. Keep in fridge until set. Serve immediately while it is cold from the fridge.