Chiffon cake is my favorite dessert. I've tried different flavors of chiffon and this has been added into my best flavor list recently. As this chiffon was not served for any special vocation, so I left it plain without any dressing to experience the natural flavor. I kept it in a fridge after it had cooled down from the oven for reserving a better texture.
We're totally refreshed by the little mango and shredded coconut with chilly sponge in the very hot and humid weekend.
Recipe for 17cm chiffon tin:
110g egg whites/55g caster sugar/5g corn flour
50g egg yolks/36g water36g/vegetable oil/55g plain flour/10g caster sugar/50g mango juice/25g dried mango (chopped)/24g shredded coconut
- Whip egg whites until peak form then slowly add in caster sugar continue whipping until a shiny and smooth consistency.
- Add in the cornflour and whip until just combine.
- Mix egg yolks, oil, water, peach puree, flour and caster sugar in another mixing bowl until everything combine.
- Then mix in chopped dried mango.
- Add in 1/3 of the egg white mixture into (2) until combine. Then add half of the left over egg whites mixture continue mixing. Then mix in the remaining egg whites until well combine.
- Add shredded coconut and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake 35 minutes at 160'C.
- Turn the cake upside down for cooling before unmold it.
- Chill in a fridge for better refreshing texture.