If you are looking for some chocolate cake but not rich yet soft then you may try this.
Recipe for 17cm chiffon tin:
- Whip egg whites until peak form then slowly add in caster sugar continue whipping until a shiny and smooth consistency.
- Add in the cornflour and whip until just combine.
- Mix egg yolks, oil, water, flour, cocoa powder and caster sugar in another mixing bowl until everything well combine.
- Add in 1/3 of the egg white mixture into (2) until combine. Then add half of the left over egg whites mixture continue mixing. Then mix in the remaining egg whites until well combine.
- Add chopped chocolate and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the baking tin then sprinkle chopped nuts on top and bake 40 minutes at 170'C.
- Turn the cake upside down for cooling before unmold it.