- Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom pan and keep in the fridge.
- To make lemon curd: In the top of a double boiler, combine all the ingredients over gently simmering water. Cook until thickened and coats back of spoon. Remove from heat and completely cool.
- To make the filling, in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high, beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually beat in sugar then beat in zest and juice follow by lemon curd.
- Add the dissolved gelatin into the mixture and add in the whipped cream until everything combine. Pour into crust and chill in the fridge until it set.
- Decorate the cheesecake with some whipped cream at the side of cheesecake and pour over some left over lemon curd on top of the cheesecake.
July 29, 2008
Lemon Curd Cheesecake
This was one of the best selling product in Huntingdon especially during the summer as it's so refreshing. The cheesecake contains cooked lemon curd which could easily get from the supermarket or made our own homemade lemon curd. I did it myself as I like to add more lemon juice to have a strong lemon flavor and used some the left over to decorate the cheesecake. Recipe for 9 inch baking tin Bottom base: 155g Digestive biscuits crumbs 75g butter (melted) Fillings: 375g cream cheese 50g sugar 300g cooked lemon curd 7 tablespoon lemon juice 15g gelatin (dissolve in water) 250ml whipped cream Cooked lemon curd: 135g butter 330g sugar 3 egg beaten, strain 3 teaspoon lemon zest 6 tablespoon lemon juice *Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice for stronger flavor Method: