Recipe for 8 inches cake tin:
Ingredients for the cake:
220g cake flour / 50g cocoa powder / 1 tsp baking powder / 1/2 tsp baking soda / 1/4 tsp salt / 190g butter / 280g sugar / 1 1/2 tsp vanilla / 3 large eggs / 250ml cold water / 1 tbsp instant coffee (dissolved with some water)
Ingredients for the chocolate fudge:
50g cocoa powder / 125ml water / 200ml evaporated milk / 100g sugar / 1/2 tsp salt / 1 tsp vanilla extract / 2 egg yolks / 60g cornflour / 1 tbsp instant coffee / 60g butter
Method for making the cake:
- Beat the butter, gradually add in sugar then vanilla extract until the mixture become fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add shifted dry ingredients and water alternately to beaten mixture and mix well till well combined.
- Pour mixture into two 8 inches greased and lightly floured round baking pans.
- Bake at 180'C for 20 - 25 minutes. (do not over cook in order to produce a moisture texture)
Method for Cooking the Fudge:
- Mix everything in a double boiler and keep on stirring with a hand whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Lastly add in the butter until a smooth consistency.
- Spread 1/3 of the fudge on a piece of 8 inches moist cake then sandwich with another piece.
- Gently spread the fudge on top and side of the cake.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours then start your creative decoration.