I miss my kitchen very much after a holiday break and I can't resist to do some baking. So I simply make something with whatever ingredients that left in the kitchen cabinet. This recipe suppose a "Sweet corn milky bread 鲜奶玉米面包" but I don't have sweet corn.
So I replaced it with some dried apricot and raisin and it's ok! The bread was quite soft and tender that came with the chewy dried fruits.
Recipe from 孟老师的100道面包
Bread flour 200g
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Fresh milk 100g
Unsalted butter 15g
Sweet Corn 80g or (40g dried apricot and 40g raisin)
How I made it:
- Mix all the (A) ingredients until smooth and well combine in medium speed with the dough hook mixing machine.
- Add in unsalted butter and mix in low speed. When everything well combine increase to medium speed until the dough become smooth and elastic. It tooks about 10 minutes.
- Add in sweet corn or dried fruits and mix in low speed.
- Transfer to a grease bowl and cover with a cling warp proof for 80 minutes.
- Divide the dough into five portions and shape it into smooth balls. I place it into a 17cm chiffon cake tin for second proofing at about 40 minutes.
- Egg wash the dough and bake at a 180'C preheated oven about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into a cooling rack. I place the bread into a plastic bag when it's still slightly warm (not too hot). I think it could keep the bread a bit moisture at the outside and produce a soft and tender bread. Then transfer to an airtight container once it's completely cool down.