It's always the busiest time for me at this time of year. Dinner, birthday party, holiday and X'mas really filled up my entire day. Somehow, I always enjoy the last two months in a year. This pumpkin cheese buns was made in the last 2 weeks but I didn't manage to post it.
The recipe extracted from 孟老师的100道面包. The bread was super soft and I guess that pumpkins puree helps to produce the extra soft texture.
(A) 200g bread flour
60g plain flour
35g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
35g whole egg
35g fresh milk
(B) 65g pumpkin puree
20g unsalted butter
(C) 90g cheddar cheese
50g mozzarella cheese for toppings
How I made it:
- For the pumpkin puree, peeled and cored the pumpkin then cut into small cubes. Steam until just soft. Puree the pumpkin with a folk then set aside.
- Mix ingredients (A) at low speed using a dough hook mixer follow by the pumpkin puree. Turn to medium speed continue kneading until it become a smooth dough.
- Add in the unsalted butter and knead with low speed until the butter combine with the dough. Turn to medium speed continue the kneading process until it become a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place the dough into a lightly grease bowl and cover with cling wrap to proof for 80 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 portions and round them into small balls. Then fill the doughs with cheddar cheese and shape it into a smooth balls. Let the dough proof for 30 minutes.
- Egg wash the doughs and cut a cross at the top of each doughs then top with mozzarella cheese. Continue for another 10 minutes proofing.
- Bake at 180'C preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.