P/S: If you like the recipe please let me know and give me some time to post it up here ok. Cheers!
Recipe extracted from 不用模型做点心
Recipe for the chocolate sponge (35cm x 35cm): 5 whole large eggs / 125g sugar / 1g salt / 100g plain flour / 2g baking soda / 15ml oil / 50ml milk /20g cocoa powder
- Mix the oil, milk and cocoa powder until a smooth thick paste.
- Whip the eggs and gradually add in sugar. Whip until very light pale yellow color.
- Fold in shifted plain flour and baking soda. Do this gently.
- Fold in cocoa paste (1) until well combine. Pour into a baking pan lined with baking paper. Bake at 200'C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake together with the baking paper onto a wire rack to cool down.
Recipe for the chocolate mousse: 20g egg yolks / 30g sugar / 80ml melted butter / 150g dark chocolate (melted) / 250ml whipped cream
- Whisk the egg yolk and sugar on a double boiler until pale in color and thicken. Mix in the melted butter.
- Add the melted dark chocolate to the egg yolk mixture, mix until well combine.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
Recipe for the mango mousse: 200ml mango puree / 70g sugar / 20ml lemon juice / 3 pieces gelatines / 300ml whipped cream
- Put the gelatines into a bowl of cold water. Wait until it soften.
- In another sauce pan, warm the mango puree and sugar until the sugar dissolved.
- Drain the gelatines and add into the warm mango puree.
- Wait until the mango puree slightly cool down, fold in the whipped cream.
To assemble the cake:
- Cut out two pieces of chocolate sponge. Place one at the bottom of a cake mould or chef ring then fill in the chocolate mousse.
- Add another layer of chocolate sponge on top of the mousse then add the mango mousse.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before unmold the cake.