Kitchen Corner

July 6, 2015

Purple Sweet Potato Bread (BM)


I was quite tempted by a few bloggers about their pretty pinky soft bread some times ago. Only lately I manage to try using purple sweet potato in my bread. Normally I would add potato or orange sweet potato or pumpkin in the dough but this time really bored with the plain and yellow color. So give this purple color a try after I manage to get some purple color sweet potato from the wet market. 
I followed my previous potato recipe but replace with purple sweet potato. The outcome is really soft and of course the lovely pinky color cheers me up in the early morning. Thanks for Honey Bee Sweet, Reese, and some bloggers inspiration.  Sometimes,  colors really can make lots of difference. 


I wasn't believe bread maker could produce a good fluffy soft bread but I was wrong. As long as the recipe is right with the bread maker program, it is equally good as manually made  and even bettee than stall bought. Of course, got to gone through many experiments to get there. 


Ingredients for Panasonic bread maker program 3 with medium crust setting. Process takes 4:20 minutes to complete.

165g bread flour
60g plain flour
23g caster sugar
1/4 +1/8 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
55g purple sweet potato  (steamed and mashed)
110g cold water
23g unsalted butter
3g yeast

4 comments:

ReeseKitchen said...

Nice! I like to "press" my bread like you do too....hehe!

ReeseKitchen said...

Nice! I like to "press" my bread like you do too....hehe!

Kitchen Corner said...

Oh dear... We have same taste buds same habits too hahahaha . ....

bristol plasterers said...

this is a great recipe. top marks, Thanks for sharing.

Simon