June 27, 2013
Plain sponge (size 36cm x 26cm)
Unsalted butter 40g
Egg yolk 100g
Caster sugar 20g
Egg white 160g
Caster Sugar 75g
Plain flour 55g
Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper. Melt the butter than set a side to cool.
Whisk the egg yolks with sugar in a double boiler until thicken and pale in color. In another bowl whisk the egg whites with caster sugar until peak foam.
Fold the egg yolks into the egg whites then gently fold in the shifted flour. Pour some batter into a clean bowl then mix in the melted butter until well combine.
Pour back into the eggs mixture and mix gently until everything well combine.Pour the batter into prepared baking tray. Bake at 190C for 10 - 12 minutes..Remove the cake from the baking tray immediate when it out from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Tear out the side of the baking paper and let it completely cool down and ready to use.
Whip 250 grams of cream and spread evenly on the cake. Shredded some chocolate on top and roll it up nicely. Spread the remaining cream around the swill roll and coated with some toasted pistachio and hazelnut. Keep in'the fridge for an hour and serve.
June 20, 2013
Recipe from Chef Alan Kok
1 slice 8" sponge cake
250g cream cheese
3 egg yolks
150ml fresh milk
150g durian flesh (pureed)
3 egg whites
60g caster sugar
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line an eight inches round cake tin with grease proof paper and put in a slice of prepared sponge cake. Greased the side of the pan with butter and coated with bread flour. Beat cream cheese, egg yolks at low speed until well mixed. Add fresh milk, durian pureed and mix well.In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white and caster sugar at high speed until soft peak is formed. Mix egg whites into durian batter in 3 batches. Pour mixture onto sponge cake.Steam bake the cheesecake at 180C for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 140C and bake for another 1 1/2 hours.Leave cake to cool in the oven with door ajar 1 hour. Chill in the fridge for overnight.
June 13, 2013
Recipe from 西点学习大百科
- Rub the bottom and the side of baking pan with butter and coated with plain flour. This is to avoid the cake sticking at the pan and easily unmold the cake later.
- Seperate 4 egg yolk and 4 egg white and add another 2 whole eggs into the egg yolks. Lightly whisk the egg yolk and white until just mixed.
- Melted the chchocolate at a double boiler with low heat.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until mayonnaise consistency then add the melted chocolate.
- Add the mixed egg yolk and white into the chocolate butter. Add little by little about 8 times.
- In another clean bowl, whisk the 4 egg whites until fluffy then add the sugar in three batches. Beat until peak stiff consistency.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white to the chocolate batter then fold in all the shifted plain flour.
- Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites and mix well. Pour into the baking pan and bake at 160C preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.