- Whip the egg whites until peak form then slowly add in sugar continue whipping until a shiny and smooth consistency.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, oil, milk, vanilla, flour and sugar until everything combine.
- Add in 1/3 of the egg white mixture to egg yolks mixture(2) until combine. Then add half of the left over egg whites mixture. Then continue adding the remaining egg whites mixture. Slowly and gently combine everything.
- Gently mix in the blueberry puree to get a marble effects. Pour the mixture into each baking cups and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 180'C.
- When the cake cool down, cut a hole at the center with a serrated knife and reserve the lids. Squeeze in some custard, whipped cream and blueberry puree. Finally, top with a strawberry and some blueberry puree then place back the lids.
- Keep in the fridge. It's nice to served cool.
September 17, 2008
Chiffon Cup Cakes 杯子蓝莓戚枫蛋糕
These is very light and tasty cup cakes with the combination of blueberry puree, whipped cream, custard and fresh strawberries. I followed a recipe book (不用模型做点心) which use a blueberry chiffon cake mixture to produce these cup cakes. As this cake is very light, you might need a slightly bigger cups to fill in the large amount of mixture to fulfill your appetite. It's great to have a cup of this after the dinner or as a refreshment in the afternoon. Recipe from (不用模型做点心) 4 egg yolks 30g sugar 2g salt 1 tsp vanilla extract 80ml milk 60ml oil 135g plain flour 4g baking powder 6 egg whites 70g sugar For the fillings: 40g blueberry puree, some fresh strawberries, 100ml whipping cream, custard and bluerry puree Method:
Labels: Cakes Corner