If you like cheese, you will like this.
Recipe for 17cm round chiffon
For the egg whites mixture:
110g egg whites
55g caster sugar
5g corn flour
For the egg yolks mixture:
40g egg yolks
36g vegetable oil or olive oil
50g plain flour
24g cheese powder
40g cheddar cheese
How I made it:
- Cut the cheddar cheese in 0.7cm cubes and leave aside.
- For the chiffon cake, mix all the egg yolks mixture except flour. When everything well combined then gradually add in sifted flour and cheese powder. (I used electric mixer, its came very handy for this process). Mix everything well combine and no lumps left. The mixture would be very thick and and smooth.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean large bowl until peak foam. Gradually add in sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Then finally add in corn flour. Make sure the corn flour mix well in the egg mixture. The egg whites mixture should be peak foam, smooth and shiny.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture. When everything well combine then gently fold in the 1/2 of the remaining egg whites mixture. Lastly, fold in the remaining egg whites mixture. (Note: This stage took some times and patient and practice. Make sure all the egg whites mixture well combine with the egg yolks mixture without breaking the egg whites. Little egg whites left will cause a big hole in the cake during baking. And, over mixing will cause it hardly rise during the baking.)
- Fold in the cheese cubes then pour the well mix mixture into a 17cm chiffon cake tin and bake at a 160'C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. After baked, let the baked cake turn upside down for cooling before unmold it. . Keep the cake in the fridge it could last for 4 - 5 days. Best serve in 3 days.
Note: Warm it in the oven before serve, it's taste delicious too!
It is quite an unusual Cheese Chiffon Cake. Usually those I saw use cream cheese, but yours don't. Btw, what is cheese powder? Is it parmesan powdered cheese? Ooh...I simply love cheesey stuff. I'll try this. Lately, I have been quite lucky with chiffons...crossed my fingers!
I hope you'll like this chiffon. You can use any kind of cheese powder. I mixed parmesan and adam cheese powder for this chiffon. Happy baking!
wow what a nice idea ! I ve never thought of a cheesy cake :) this looks great !
This Cheesy Chiffon Cake is justed add to my food wish list now.Thanks.^^
Hi Snooky doodle & dolphing, hope you'll like it. Cheers!
Thanks for this sharing. My kiddos loves cheese alots. Usually i bought a packet of 2kg shredded cheese due to high consumption rate.
this looks so tempting and delicious.. i only have cream cheese blend i hope it works the same
Hi Art of Eating, thanks for dropping by at my blog. Nice to know you.
Hi missy, the speciality of this chiffon is made by savory cheese like cheddar but not cream cheese.
This is really a great idea for chiffon cake, it must be so yummy!
Can I use grated cheddar cheese instead of cheese powder?
Oh ya, one more thing, do you have any idea how to adjust this recipe if I use 21cm chiffon cake tin?
Thank you so much, Grace.
Hi Grace, thank you so much for the recipe! I never know that the cheese chunk will be so awesome, my whole family loves it! :D
I post mine on my blog, feel free to drop by :D
hi grace! i really love your chiffon recipe. i've tried them once, and it was great! but the second, third, and forth i tried it, it fell from chiffon tins when i turn upside down. and now i'm depressed haha. i got this recipe in another source that linking to yours. it said baked for 20-25 min at 160C. so i did the same. do you have any idea where my mistake is? thank you so much for your attention :)
There might be two reason. First the egg white might have over beaten. Second, the cake is over baked.
Post a Comment