For some reason I've got to bake this cake. Simple yet suit for everyone appetite. A combination of chocolate sponge, strawberries, fresh cream and chocolate fudge turn it into an ordinary celebration cake.
For the sponge: 4 whole large eggs/100g sugar/1g salt/80g plain flour/2g baking soda/12ml oil/40ml milk 16g cocoa powder
For the filling: 120ml fresh cream/strawberries (cut in half)
For the chocolate fudge: 50g cocoa powder/125ml water/200ml evaporated milk/100g sugar/1/2 tsp salt/1 tsp vanilla extract/2 egg yolks/60g cornflour/60g butter
How I made it:
- Mix cocoa powder, milk and oil until a thick paste, set aside.
- Whip the eggs and gradually add in sugar. Whip until very light yellow and fluffy.
- Fold in shifted plain flour and baking soda. Do this gently.
- Fold in cocoa paste (1) until well combine. Pour into two round 8 inches baking tin. Bake at 200'C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, whip the fresh cream with some icing sugar if desire. Spread some whipped cream on a sponge and place with some strawberries. Spread the left over whipped cream on the strawberries then sandwich with another layer of sponge.
- For the chocolate fudge, mix all the fudge ingredients except butter cook in a double boiler and keep on stirring with a hand whisk until the mixture thickens. Lastly add in the butter until a smooth consistency. Gently spread the fudge on top and side of the cake. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours then top with some strawberries.
Your designs are always so simple & nice. I can't do this you know. To me, it's not a ordinary celebration cake, I think it's really a very extraordinary cake! I wish I can have homemade cake for my birthday...
Thanks for your lovely compliment. That's a good encouragement for me to go further. However, it's just a simple one and nothing to proud about. I still very enjoy those commercial pretty cakes out there :P
don't say that! A homemade cake is always better than a commercial one...it has the passion and the love of you making it...don't forget about that! And your cakes and recipes are so cute! This strawberry chocolate cake looks amazing and the idea of the strawberry upside down is wonderful!Thanks for the tips....soon I've to deliver my husband's birthdaycake!cheers Martina
wow what an exlposive combination. I m drooling :) Looks so nice and delicious !
I m sorry but I m not much of help . But I can tell you that i used chocolate ganache to make the rose and used the nozzle for the rose petals. You can find some videos on how to pipe the rose on youtube, you just start with a cone than holding the wider side of the nozzle downwards you just pipe petals around it. It's hard to explain. I ll try to find you some videos and send them to you. Good luck. Thanks for visitng my blog :)
Hi Snooky doodle,
Thanks for your lovely encouragement. I was just quite lost about what I've been doing. Thank you very much!
the neatly arranged strawberries put me to shame, can't figure out why my cake decorations always looks kinda 'messy'. Maybe it's linked to personality??
When we don't have any idea on decoration or like me who do not creative enough and careless hand shall just use some fresh fruits for the cake topping. Easy and fast :P
Wow! This is lovely... I have not been baking a cake for sometime... I think I shall make one soon...
chocolate and strawberry
Looks so beautiful! Lovely presentation.
wow, your cake look yummy !!
wow...nice combo..strawberry n choc...yummy...perfect bake!
Hi, the cake looks delicious! I would really like to try this out this weekend. I was wondering whether the chocolate fudge should be spread on the cake when it is warm, or when it has cooled. Thank you.
Post a Comment