Kitchen Corner

August 20, 2015

Milky Matcha Marble Bread


Ever since I got my bread maker, I have not make any square loaf of bread. Here comes a good excuse that the bread maker really do a good job for my daily bread really. I do miss square loaf, especially when I'm looking for square bread for my square sandwiches. Another reason that I bake this as I'm quite bored with a plain bread looking which fully produced from my bread maker. So, I try to squeeze in some time during  the weekend to make a bread manually with some marble effect. However, the marble effect doesn't looks outstanding but the texture is absolutely good. Very satisfy with the compact soft texture yet with nice structure. Although the green effect doesn't look appealing to the eye, the green matcha gives very nice smell on the bread indeed. It s good to produce bread manually by hands when I able to.


Recipe:

150g fresh milk
35g egg
25g caster sugar
5g salt
250g bread flour
4g Instant yeast
38g butter (unsalted)
1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
1 tablespoon water


Place all the ingredients into the bread maker pan except yeast. Knead the ingredients at function 11 for 15 minutes. (Or knead all the dough with a dough hook mixeer)

Switch off and on again choose function 11 for the second kneading and add yeast this time. Kneading until 15 minutes finished.

Take out the dough divide 2 portions . One portion is 3/5 from the dough and another is   2/5. The large portion keep in the fridge with cling warp. The small portion add a teaspoon of green tea powder. Use hand knead a little then put it back to the pan to knead at program 11. Gradually add a tablespoon of water with two drops at a time until the color well mixed.
Bring the plain dough out from the fridge .proof together with the color dough for 60 minutes. punch out the air and rest 15 minutes. Wrap the small one in to big one to form ball shape. Then use a rolling pin to roll longish shape.. Roll them back like swiss roll then cut with knife into 3 equal portion. Place in a bread pan proof 60 minutes then bake at 190'C 25 minutes.


No comments: