Kitchen Corner

August 31, 2015

Shanghai Mooncake


After reading a few different mooncake recipes, I notice Shanghai Mooncake is the easiest one for me. My first tasted Shanghai Mooncake was few years back from my good friend Jane.


I still remember how tasty her Shanghai Mooncake. I miss her a lot really. Those day she freeze many good stuffs that she bake for me then she will bring all in one time when she took leave to visit me. What a blessing!!


This mooncake is very tasty as the pastry is totally different from the traditional mooncake. The buttery pastry is so fragrant to go with the less sweet lotus paste. I served the cell group and everyone thumbs up. Definately make this again not only for mid autumn festival but all year round.


Recipe adapted from my favorite blogger eileen

150g plain flour
50g icing sugar
25g milk powder
12g custard powder
3/4tsp baking powder
50g shortening
25g vegetable oil
1 medium egg
216Lotus paste
216 Sesame Lotus paste

1. Mix all the dry ingredient together until well combined.
2. Rub in the shortening with fingers tip. Then gradually add in the vegetable oil. And finally mix in the egg.
3. Divide the dough into 12 portions at 29g each. Flatten each dough and wrap in the fillings.
4. Egg wash the pastry and bake in a 180C preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.


2 comments:

Jasline @ Foodie Baker said...

I've never tried shanghai mooncake before, looks delicious!

Kitchen Corner said...

Thanks for dropping here Jasline! I'm quite satisfy with the texture, hope you will like it if you happen to try out.