I was rushing to make some refreshment for a cell group meeting few days ago and I think muffins would be a fast and easier refreshment to be ready in a short time. I don't have special ingredients with me so I used whatever ingredients left in my cupboard.
Finally came out with two different type of muffins which are Banana Walnut Muffins and Chocolate Walnut Muffins. The texture moist but not wet, dry but not overcooked.
I used the previous Banana walnut cake recipe
for banana walnut muffins whereas the recipe of chocolate walnut muffin is stated below.
Recipe for Chocolate Walnut Muffins: (Make 6 cups)
Unsalted butter 50g
Caster sugar 70g
Plain flour 85g (top flour)
Cocoa powder 15g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Pinch of salt
Walnut 60g (toasted and chopped)
- Beat the butter with sugar until light and pale in color.
- Add in the egg then pinch of salt, beat until well combine.
- Add 1/2 of the milk and half of the flour (flour should be shifted with cocoa powder and baking powder before adding into the mixture). Using a hand whisk mix until well combine.
- Add in remaining milk and flour and mix well.
- Combine walnut with the mixture then fill the muffins cups and bake at 170'C preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Woah!! Simple things like muffins, you made it so nice! The colours of the muffins looked so pretty, I mean, it wasn't burnt or the colour too light. How about chocolate banana walnut muffins? Too rich? :)
Thanks for your compliments! That's just a simple muffins. Banana walnut muffin is kind of light soft cake. 50 minutes bake for big loaf whereas 30 minutes for small muffin with fan oven switched on.
Post a Comment