Kitchen Corner

July 24, 2009

Baked Pasta

I would normally keep a big jar of homemade pizza sauce or you call it pasta sauce in the freezer because it's just so convenient using it for a meal, either to make lasagna, pizza or pasta. After those tired home trip, I was quite lazy to cook, luckily I found a jar of the pizza sauce from the freezer that I made it few weeks ago. I simply pan fry some carrot and mushroom with the pizza sauce then season with a tablespoon of soy sauce, some black pepper and salt. Also didn't forget the creamy texture, I added some cream and milk to thicken it then pour it into two serving plates. Other than topped it with some cheese (I don't have enough cheese on hand, too bad!), I like to give it an extra flavour and moisture texture. I mix an egg, some cream, anchovy puree and parmesan cheese then pour on top of the cheese. Bake at 180C until the cheese melted and the white sauce is bubbling. Simply the best!

11 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

my daugher love this way, usually I will prepare this way too.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Hi Grace,
So sweet...love your baking dish..one blue and one pink rim, even the food looks so loving couple, heehee! Yummy looking baked pasta btw. ;)

Mary said...

This pasta looks fantastic , i have for you some awards!

TINTIN said...

mmm,..this will made a good meal and my kids will sure love it. Thanks for sharing!

Missy said...

ur pasta looks so delicious!!!!

Happy Homebaker said...

This looks like something I can manage! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and yet simple meal :)

Chibog in Chief said...

baked pastas are always my favorite! yummy!

Kitchen Corner said...

Thanks guys! Just a simple one. You could make it even more interesting and yummy! Cheers!

Anju said...

Looks yummy!

Irmina Díaz-Frois Martín said...

Hello! I like your blog, is very beautiful.
Kis from Canary Island, Spain.

Food For Tots said...

Sounds so delicious! The taste must be great too. Like you, I also like to keep some homemade pasta sauce in my fridge. It comes in very handy in my cooking.