Kitchen Corner

July 28, 2009

Recipes from HHB

I like her blog very much because every time she gives very detail descriptions and all the recipes on her blog I've tried is unforgettable. I was inspired by her scones recipe recently. I like scones crazily, it's my all time favorites snacks. I've tried many scones recipe, all of them are yummy! I find the goodness of this recipe is quite low in fat.
Normally those scone recipes I've baked contain lots of butter whereas this is not. That's why I like to give it a try. Yes, it's not very buttery flavour on it. I added some raisin and chopped walnut to give it some sweetness and crunchy texture. It's good to eat!
I freezes some doughs so that's I can have fresh scones at anytime :P
The other recipe I've tried recently from HHB recipe is the banana bread. The goodness of the recipe are low in fat, low sugar and contain fifty percent of wholemeal flour.
The texture is like cakes and bread. As it contains little sugar, I eat it with some jam. When you think that it's healthy than those banana cake, it's nice to eat! Guilty free! All thanks to HHB recipes!

12 comments:

Happy Homebaker said...

Thanks for trying out my recipes :D
I still think those are biscuits not scones ;)

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi HHB,
Haha..it's scones my dear friend! You feel it's more like biscuits because it's not buttery enough. Those English scones contains lots of butter but your recipe is just nice and healthy. I spread it with peanut butter and jam and it's yummy! Let see if there is a chance for me to post up those naughty scones then you could try the real scones ok. Thanks for sharing!

TINTIN said...

Good Morning Grace, my latest scone post are HHB recipe also. My friend told me it's not scone but English Biscuits. I dunno which one is correct because I haven't tried English Biscuit before. I found this scones by HHB are let oily, not too sweet and soft. I just nice with jam, peanut butter or nutella as it won't taste too sweet. My daughter eat 3 in one go..haha!

Mary said...

The scones look great!

Anju said...

Hi Grace,

As usual everything looks perfect and delicious.

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi TINTIN,
Oppss.. may be I'm wrong then. I find the taste quite similar to those scones I had in the UK, the only different is that it's not as buttery as the one I ate before. Anyway, no matter what it is, we know that it's yummy :P

Thanks Anju and Mary! Cheers!

Aimei said...

Your chiffons, loafs are always tall and mighty. Great bakes you have. I've passed you an award. Check it out at my blog. ;)

Missy said...

Im so enticed by the wholemeal banana bread! Will give it a shot one day

I have given you an award on my blog do check it out :)

petite nyonya said...

the banana wholemeal looks great! would love to try it too someday.

Wen said...

Hi Grace,

I have passed the Kreativ Blogger Award to you. Happy Baking!

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Aimei,
Hi Missy,
Hi Wen,

Thanks for passed the Award to me. Happy Baking!

Hi nyonya pendek melaka,
Hope you'll like this recipe. Cheers!

Kitchen Corner said...

Thank you very much Bits of Taste!!