Kitchen Corner

October 28, 2008

Dried Fruit Milky Bread (鲜奶干果面包)

I miss my kitchen very much after a holiday break and I can't resist to do some baking. So I simply make something with whatever ingredients that left in the kitchen cabinet. This recipe suppose a "Sweet corn milky bread 鲜奶玉米面包" but I don't have sweet corn.
So I replaced it with some dried apricot and raisin and it's ok! The bread was quite soft and tender that came with the chewy dried fruits.
Recipe from 孟老师的100道面包
(A)
Bread flour 200g
Sugar 35g
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Egg 35g
Yeast 3g
Fresh milk 100g
(B)
Unsalted butter 15g
Sweet Corn 80g or (40g dried apricot and 40g raisin)
How I made it:
  1. Mix all the (A) ingredients until smooth and well combine in medium speed with the dough hook mixing machine.
  2. Add in unsalted butter and mix in low speed. When everything well combine increase to medium speed until the dough become smooth and elastic. It tooks about 10 minutes.
  3. Add in sweet corn or dried fruits and mix in low speed.
  4. Transfer to a grease bowl and cover with a cling warp proof for 80 minutes.
  5. Divide the dough into five portions and shape it into smooth balls. I place it into a 17cm chiffon cake tin for second proofing at about 40 minutes.
  6. Egg wash the dough and bake at a 180'C preheated oven about 25 minutes.
  7. Transfer the dough into a cooling rack. I place the bread into a plastic bag when it's still slightly warm (not too hot). I think it could keep the bread a bit moisture at the outside and produce a soft and tender bread. Then transfer to an airtight container once it's completely cool down.

7 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Grace,
Welcome back to the wonderful world of baking again! I bet you'll bake more often now that you're back! Nice soft breads :)

Kitchen Corner said...

Hey Jane,
Thanks for the warm welcome greeting! I really can feel your joyful in baking :)

martina said...

Welcome back Grace, I miss you and your yummie stuff! This bread looks terrific and I think I'll try it soon or later. Do you think it's a good idea to use dried cranberry instead of apricot? I don't have apricot right now! I'm sure your week will be full of baking
enjoy
Martina

Kitchen Corner said...

Thanks Martina! You could replace any dried fruits you like for the bread. Cranberry would be fantastic! Look forward to hearing from you :) Cheers!

LANA said...

Hello,
I have just finished kneading the Wholemeal milky bread. While waiting for proofing I wandered around your site and found this cute Raisin Apricot bread. I love bread, raisin, and apricot, so the combination of them will definitely what I want to try next time.
I dont have bread machine or mixer, I do everything by hand. So how long I should knead the dough? More than 10 mins? 15 mins?
Thanks very much for sharing these wonderful recipes.

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi LANA,
WOW! You make the dough by your hand, I've not tried making by my hand before. So, I really don't know how long for kneading the dough by using hand. May be you can knead until it's become very smooth and not sticking on your hand. Happy Baking!

Fera said...

nice bread :D !!!