I baked a similar bread stick (grissini) nearly a year ago which was topped with sesame seeds that had given a super crunchy texture. This time, I try to use cheddar cheese and it smell very good when it's almost ready from the oven. There are two types of texture for grissini which is a crisp texture outside and a soft crumbs. Another texture is crisp and crunch from the outside to the crumbs. According to the recipe from 孟老师的100道面包, leaving the grissini in the oven for few minutes after the required baking period to make the entire stick much crunchier. If you don't like a crunchy crumbs, remove from it from the oven after bake. It's such a simple yet delicious craving snacks! Mixture (A)
Bread flour 150g
Plain flour 50g
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Instant yeast 1/4 teaspoon (1g)
Parmesan cheese powder 20g
Unsalted butter 15g
Egg whites 20g
Shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all the mixture (A) in a mixing bowl with a dough hook at low speed then medium speed until everything well combine and become a smooth dough.
- Add in unsalted butter continue kneading with a low speed until the butter mix with the dough then change to medium speed until it become a very smooth dough.
- Proof it in a large bowl cover with cling wrap for 50 minutes.
- Roll the dough out at 0.3 cm thick in rectangular shape. Brush egg whites on the roll out dough and generously sprinkle with cheddar cheese to cover the whole piece of dough. Use the hand to gently press the cheese to stick at the dough.
- Using a roller cutter to cut longish shape at 1cm thic then twist it with your hand by holding each side of the end of the dough.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes at 150'C until it golden brown color. For crunchier texture, switch off the oven and let the grissini sit in the oven for 15 minutes before transfer to a wire rack to cool down. Otherwise, take it out after 15 or 20 minutes of baking to get a soft crumbs. Enjoy!
I love grissini and these look really nice. With cheddar cheese they must be even more delicious :)
Your grissini look so good! I have never tried making these. 'Coincidently', I tried making fougasse yesterday, the recipe which I followed yield a thin and crispy fougasse which reminded me very much of a grissini! It is crunchy from the outside to the crumb :'(
This look great to give it a try, Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Hi Snooky Doodles,
Yes, with the cheddar cheese is even more delicious! Cheers!
Thanks! You are back for blogging again! Miss your baking very much!
Hope you like this grissini. Cheers!
Post a Comment