Kitchen Corner

June 20, 2008

Marble Bread 大理石面包

This bread has no different from "a basic bread" recipe I have made previously. In fact, the cocoa or matcha I added in didn't give much flavor. It was just the color that makes it looks a bit fancy. I divided the dough into three equal portions then continue kneading by adding in 1/4 teaspoon cocoa and 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder for two separate doughs and left another dough stayed plain. I got this idea from my idol chef "Happy Home Baking" from her recipe of "green tea and chocolate marble bread". This version is slightly different in terms of its folding method that would give a messy marble effect. I rolled out each dough in longish shape and stack them together. Then, rolled up the dough as shown in the following picture. I divided it into three equal portions and rolled out the dough. Some marble effects would start to appear during this stage. Rolled it up again then place in a grease baking tin and proof for 60 minutes. Somehow, I found the color was not sharp enough. I might have put too little cocoa and matcha powder. But it's too late, therefore I left it to proof in the oven. The dough rise very well and it was almost a square toast. It wasn't too bad when I cut a slice out. Each slice had its own characteristic and it's as soft as the previous basic bread. I could slightly smell the cocoa and tea flavor but just couldn't taste it. After all, it could still be served with jam or peanut butter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only good looking with the marble-design outlook, but also taste good with kaya, fruit jam and peanut butter! Good job!