Kitchen Corner

June 15, 2008

Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chips Cookies

I had this cookies recipe from a book of my favarite chef "Nigella Lawson". It is a very dark rich chocolate cookies that I shall remind you to drink more water after eating it. If you like to feed it to children, please use less than 70% cocoa solids so that they don't feel too beater. As for me, I really like those dark and beater flavor when eating those chocolate dessert. This recipe is just right for those chocoholic.
Original recipe from Nigella Lawson:

125g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids 150g flour 30g cocoa, sieved 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda ½ teaspoon salt 125g soft butter 75g light brown sugar 50g white sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 egg, cold from the fridge 350g semi-sweet chocolate chips

  • Preheat the oven to 170’C. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
  • Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
  • Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. (I use my freestanding mixer, itself an odd source of comfort to me.) Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
  • Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingrdients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
  • Scoop out 12 equal-sized mounds – an ice cream scoop and a palette knife are he best tools for the job – and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
  • Cook for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
  • Leave to call slightly on the baking sheet for 4 -5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy cookies !
350g of chocolate chips?! That sounds a lot. Do I need to cut down the sugar if my family does not have a sweet tooth?

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Anonymous,
Yes, it's quite a lot of chocolate chips that required from Nigella Lawson recipe. However, you could reduce some if you want to. And I think it shouldn't be a problem if you cut down the sugar from the recipe. Please let me know the result, cheers!

Cookie said...

Glad I stumble upon your nice blog!

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love choc and would like to try it out soon. May I ask if this is the chewy or crunchy type of cookie?

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Cookie,
Thanks for dropping by at my blog. This cookie is not the chewy type but crumbly and bit of crunchiness Cheers!